I have lost
track
of the moon
waxing and waning
in me.
The sun
rises and sets
in the glare
of the computer
screen.
I cannot google
the pull
of the tides
or the circle
of the earth
from spring
to fall
and back
again.
I cannot walk
barefoot
on the embers
of a fire
with all
that is lost
to me
in the pixels
of this monitor.
I no longer
lie in an open
meadow
as a star
carrying
the dust
of other
planets
bursts
open
the night.
I google earth
and die.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Twinkle, twinkle little pixel
How I wonder
There are galaxies billions
of light years
away from us
and
stars more numerous than grains
of beach sand on all the earth
Twinkle,twinkle little pixel
all is made of on and off
light and dark
How I wonder
Post a Comment