Monday, May 26, 2008

Anonymous

We are all outsiders at the water hole. I purchased this poem for five dollars from a hooded man at a BART station in Oakland, California. He told me his mother made him promise that he would never beg so he wrote poems and sold them in the subway, and he helped people figure the system out. He showed me how to use the automatic machines to purchase my ticket. He told me which train to take and then when I went to give him some money, he acted really surprised when I insisted he give me the poem. " I'm payin' you for the poem, Man, not for the other stuff." I said. " Give me the poem."
Here it is.
WHAT MOTHER
Mother's are the one who birth
many children one God who sent his
Son, no matter, what day Mother's
birth boys and girls.
No phone necessary to
say I love you Mother,
That call will never be missed, Love
stays with you mother forever and al-
ways
Reaching for the Stars and Heaven
I Love You Mother

No comments: